Saturday, February 21, 2009

Favorite Felines

This month I am helping take care of my daughter's cats. Izabelle is a recluse, and there are days I do not even catch sight of her. Beazlie needs antibiotics daily, so even if she is hiding I need to find her and give her a pill. This is a challenge, to say the least. Today I took reinforcements, in the form of my husband. It was so much easier to administer the meds with an extra pair of hands! Beazlie wasn't any happier about the process, but it took a fraction of the time, and she still accepted treats from me afterward. She looks pretty peeved, doesn't she?


Meanwhile, back at my house, I know Leo misses me and will welcome me home with meows and purring. My daughter tried to explain Leo's "mane" to someone, without much success. He has tufts of fur that surround his face, just like a lion. It's hard to catch on camera, but I tried different angles while he was eating:


Then I needed to take a portrait shot of my feline friend:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful face. :D

CaShThoMa said...

"Pilling" a cat is just plain hard work....
Taking a rectal temperature on a cat is also hard....
They obviously don't appreciate our interventions, do they?

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful- like a turkish van or maine coon. Does he have a silky undercoat? It'll be interesting if he loses it in the hot weather.
I have to pill my cat every day and it ain't fun!

Kristen said...

thank you!! She does look a bit put'off in that picture, but knowing that she purrs afterwords, and takes treats means that she'll get over it.

As for Leo? those are great shots of his mane! He looks pretty happy there in the last picture - settled in on a lap and looking interested at whatever you're doing.

Anonymous said...

Ohh -- you know I adore cats, and I really enjoyed these photos today! And I have to say, Leo is really looking good now! He's clearly thriving under your love and care.

You're inspiring me to do a cat posting, or pull up some "re-runs" of favorite cat stories. I've got some wonderful photos of my cats in the garden that I would love to share with you.

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Darling, darling kitties. I can see how you adore them so. I am traveling and my hostess has two cats who have adopted me, even want to sleep with me. Their purring is so dear, soothing, sleep inducing. Dogs and cats are such gifts to us. Unconditional love with fur! Leo looks like a gem. I have never seen a cat who looks like he does. :-)