Monday, June 9, 2008

Finished: One Laundry Room

Ta Da! Finished! This is the working end of the laundry room/bathroom.





And at the opposite end a lovely small sink and mirror [that the builder permanently attached to the wall].



These are the appliances for which the room is named. They are back in business.









I finished painting the white trim last night and sealed the tile floor today. The room doesn't feel as sterile as it did when it was all white, and the softer color definitely makes it a nicer place to be. I like doing laundry, and I like that there is always something that needs to be washed.[Clear surfaces and uncluttered floor are for purposes of these photos only.] I realized today that I haven't used my camera much in the past year, and I miss taking pictures. I've been catching up with prior posts on Dooce.com and admiring her photography. For purposes of this blog I have learned how to use Ken's small digital camera, which is fine for its ease and portability, but it's not real photography. We've had two 35mm cameras in the past 32 years ~ once I get used to how something works I like to stick with it, and I just know the basics. I know I like the look of images caught on film. But Heather's (aka Dooce) photos are taken with a digital camera, albeit a really nice digital camera, and some of them are exquisite. I never thought I would buy into digital photography. Maybe it's time for me to re-examine that idea....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on completing the laundry room make-over. From another woman who gets great satisfaction out of painting, may I say that you should be proud of the result; looks great! Now, give yourself permission to take a few days to relax and regroup before you dive into whatever is next on your agenda.

Thanks for the photos that made the project reality for those of us who can't be there in person.