Friday, June 27, 2008

Shift Happens

Some things have shifted for me this week. I feel different. My optimism about the future has returned after a long absence. It started last week when I started posting on the 50-something moms blog, continued through my application for my dream job, and culminated today when my daughter came for breakfast.

This afternoon I saw Louise Hay, Martha Beck, and Cheryl Richardson on Oprah talking about the laws of attraction. They shared how they have created vision boards. Since I am more into words than pictures, I am going to start a vision list....

I will secure a job that allows me to: bring people together to collaborate; facilitate dialogue; and work to improve the life situations of people in Maine

I will get my business off the ground

I will continue to write and take advantage of opportunities to connect with women around the country

I will work on a plan for the outdoor spaces at our new home, with the help of people who know about such things - and there will be a chance for readers to give their input once I get "now" pictures ready to post

This is the beginning of my vision list. I wanted to write it here so I won't forget my intentions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon,
I know what you mean, how it can seem overwhelming to work a yard or garden at this point in life. Your property looks beautiful, though, in the photos. Here's one of my essays on my site, which you might appreciate, called "Zen and Midlife Gardening." If the link doesn't work here, let me know and I will e-mail it: http://www.laferle.com/?p=288
Dig in! :-)