Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Election Day

Today is the day. I think I have a 50-50 chance of winning this election.

I will spend most of the day standing outside the polling place, the old town hall. I can say, "Hello, my name is Sharon." No embellishment. No campaigning.

My presence is also intended to keep the write-in candidate from campaigning, or handing out anything with his name on it within 250 feet of the polling place.

From the beginning I have not taken anything for granted. Up until the end of the last day a person could file papers to get on the ballot I did not assume I would be the only candidate. I was not sure what it meant when the rumors started that there was a write-in candidate, but when I was told it meant we needed to get the word out, then I was ready to do what I could.

When my friend in town learned of my plans for today, she invited me to her house for lunch. That will provide a nice break.

It's going to rain. I better take an umbrella.

When the polls close at 8:00 tonight I will be there to hear the results. Stay tuned....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting- I'm waiting.... Good Luck, Sharon!

Joanne said...

A very exciting day, virtual best wishes to you, Sharon!

CaShThoMa said...

VOTE FOR SHARON!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear the outcome. Wishing you the best!

Kristen said...

I am sending you lots and lots of good thoughts - and have been all day! I hope the umbrella kept you dry...

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

I do wish you the best with this, Sharon. I admire your gumption to run for office and to serve others in this way. Waiting on the news....Good luck!

Putting the pieces together... said...

I hope things went your way! Sending good wishes northward!