Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Downtown Littleton

There was snow in the White Mountains of New Hampshire earlier this week ~ not a lot of snow but the ground was white.  It was cold when I arrived in Littleton yesterday afternoon.  By last night it was well below freezing and the wind was blowing.  I was glad I thought to bring a warm scarf and had gloves in the pockets of my wool coat.

Today was sunnier and warmer.  The conditions were perfect for a trip downtown to check out the local yarn shop and a renowned candy store.  Everyone I met was helpful and friendly.  I am enchanted with the town of Littleton.
Welcome to Littleton, NH
The Yarn Garden is under the red awning
A warm welcome and colors galore in the Yarn Garden
I headed for the Coffee Pot for lunch
I sat at the counter in this cozy diner
Chutters claims to be the world's largest candy store
I would be hard pressed to disagree
The chocolate counter was a feast for the eyes
A New England town I can heartily recommend for a visit
Littleton ~ a notch above

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did you have to eat? And did you get anything at the stores? It looks like you are there at the right time :) ox Kristen

Helen said...

Appears to be no lack of window shopping and ways to spend your days in Littleton. Hope you bought some yummy chocolate.