Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sleep Is Free

I woke up this morning, grateful that sleep is free.  It costs nothing ~ no money, no calories.  Sleep requires no technology, no internet connection or streaming necessary.  The bed feels good and there is almost an air of weightlessness.  It has been a good month for sleeping.

Over the last weeks there have been a variety of technical difficulties in our house.  I don't think anything is permanently broken, but there have been lots of phone calls to our internet provider.  I have also talked several times to customer service at Netflix, with no resolution to the inability to stream through the "smart" tv.  Each call takes time and energy, and it's frustrating to spend hours on a problem that still isn't resolved.

The heating system is making all kinds of noise.  The people at the place that cleans our boiler every year think it is air in the lines.  When the guy comes to service the heating system next month he's going to "bleed" the lines and hopefully remove the air; they tell me the procedure is not always successful.

The kitchen faucet is leaking around the base, which means it needs a new gasket; the refrigerator is noisy, which means it needs to be vacuumed underneath.

I'd like to deal with last year's Christmas cards before this year's cards start rolling in.  I have a year's worth of mementos to put in scrapbooks and photos to print and mount in photo albums.

I don't have to deal with any of the day-to-day issues of life when I'm sleeping.

Thank goodness sleep is free.

It's time for bed ~