Friday, November 29, 2013

Wrenched

My back....  I reached for something the wrong way days ago and wrenched my back, which has not been happy ever since.  I will feel better for awhile, sitting in a comfortable supportive chair or snuggled into bed.  If I spend too much time standing in one place or sitting for too long without getting up periodically, my back hurts.  I paid attention today and took it easy.  Sometimes that is the best thing I can do.

The antenna rotor....  With the wind and rain earlier in the week we were not surprised that television reception was not good.  It happens when the weather is inclement.  Yesterday dawned sunny and clear, and there was football on the schedule.  Huh.  Reception was sketchy on a channel that is usually reliable.  Under closer inspection Ken discovered that the television rotor is no longer rotoring.  It's too cold now to work on a solution, so it's time to pull the wrench out of the kitchen drawer to manually rotate the pole to change the direction of the antenna when needed.  That's what we did before Ken installed the rotor.

Two steps forward and one step back.  That's the way of life, isn't it? 

4 comments:

RURAL said...

Chiro?

Ack, sore backs are not good. Be careful, be gentle...and no climbing on the roof.

Jen

Anonymous said...

That's a fine metaphor. (As for your back, you might want to try this: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Acupressure-for-Back-Pain Method #1 really did work for me a couple of months ago)

Balisha said...

When your back hurts you hurt all over. If you have pain in one place on your back you can apply heat for 29 min then ice for 20. Do it several times during the day.If it's all over your back...I don't know what will help other than ibuprophen and rest.
I know that you go for massage once in a while...maybe that would help.
Bummer about the TV.I don't know how to take care of that...
Have a restful day...doing nothing.
Balisha

Balisha said...

I meant 20 min for each...
B.