Sunday, February 6, 2011

Allow

I have read the poems of Danna Faulds in a variety of places and finally ordered a copy of Go In and In (2002, Morris Publishing). Each poem is a meditation.

Here is the pearl of wisdom that was my introduction to her work:

Allow
by Danna Faulds

There is no controlling life.
Try corralling a lightning bolt,
containing a tornado. Dam a
stream, and it will create a new
channel. Resist, and the tide
will sweep you off your feet.
Allow, and grace will carry
you to higher ground. The only
safety lies in letting it all in -
the wild with the weak; fear,
fantasies, failures and success.
When loss rips off the doors of
the heart, or sadness veils your
vision with despair, practice
becomes simply bearing the truth.
In the choice to let go of your
known way of being, the whole
world is revealed to your new eyes.

9 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sharon, thank you for introducing me to this special writer.
This poem "speaks volumes"
Have a good day...

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Oh my - it is very early. Just remembered I have some of her books. Need to put by my leather chair and reread :)

Joanne said...

The line that spoke loudest to me is "Allow, and grace will carry you to higher ground." That one speaks to so much in my life, I could write a book on it ;)

Laura said...

I just ordered this book on Amazon this week too Sharon...her poems have always spoken to me as well, not a surprise dear Dharma Sister...we share some wonderful soul qualities and are naturally attracted to the same poets...their songs speak our language!

Helen said...

Wonderful! This one will be saved for future reading and sharing.

mermaid said...

Thank you for sharing this poem. You must be allowing something in for the poem to touch you deeply.

Good for you!

Leigh Russell said...

So true.

teri said...

"When loss rips off the doors of the heart".... This line will play through my heart and mind tomorrow. I will be photographing the old doors on the divided island of Cyprus. This poem is unbelievably appropriate-

CaShThoMa said...

I love her poetry. So comforting.