Friday, February 11, 2011

Looking For A Good Movie

Ken and I would like to go to the movies tomorrow.

I've seen The King's Speech and thought it was excellent.

I saw The Social Network and got totally immersed in it in the theater. We watched it at home last night, and it did not translate well to DVD. There were parts where the sound was not good, and the people seemed harsh when I watched from my futon chair in the soft light of the family room.

Do you have any recommendations for movies currently in theaters? The Academy Awards are in two weeks and I haven't seen much of what has been nominated in any category.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"True Grit" is supposed to be very good- (totally different story than "The King's Speech which was fantastic) so that might be worth checking out.

Have fun!

Cindy said...

I dislike boxing but The Fighter was really really good. It has a ton of Oscar nods, for acting, writing, directing, and best picture. The focus in not on the ring, but on the family dynamics. And it's a true story!