Sunday, February 20, 2011

Winter Wind And Ice

Lots of wind last night, to the extent that our internet connection was sporadic and television reception via antenna was interrupted. It was frustrating on the one hand and, on the other hand, an excuse to watch an episode of "Burn Notice" on DVD and go to bed to read.

Today Ken and I attempted to take a walk on a local rail trail along the Kennebec River. It started off icy, followed by a clear patch of pavement, and then solid ice again. We decided to turn around and found a path through an individual's driveway, who said it would be okay if we cut through. It wasn't a wasted outing because we stopped for coffee and a pecan roll at a local bakery before we headed home.

Today the sky was blue, the air temperature was thirty degrees, and the river was covered with snow. We watched the sky, breathed in the air, and appreciated the beauty of the river. Ken and I agreed that it's always good to get outside on a day like this in February.

Maine winter continues.

3 comments:

teri said...

Warm non-icy hugs from the south. We even took down our outside Christmas lights in our garden today - sad.I am thinking I might find some less bright ones that can stay up all year. Glad to see you got out and enjoyed your day- hugs!! xo

Anne said...

I"m so ready for mud season! :)

Debra said...

Finding the pockets of sunshine, like the coffee and pecan rolls, can change an otherwise gloomy day!

Thank you for thinking about me. It means more to me than I can say...

Happy Belated Birthday! May the coming year bring lots of good health, happiness and love. I hope that you had a wonderful day!

Hugs and love,
Deb