Thursday, February 10, 2011

If This Is What 55 Looks Like

My day started with a birthday card from Leo. Smile.

I took my friend to lunch in Freeport to celebrate her 78th birthday.

While I was trying on sweaters in LLBean, a woman said to me, "You're so thin!" Believe me, that comment will be with me every time I climb on the treadmill. Personally, I think it was the slimming turtleneck and below-the-waist corduroy jeans. Wink.

Ken took me to dinner at our favorite local restaurant.

Dessert: angel food cake with strawberries, my absolute favorite and first choice since I was a little girl.

Cards, phone calls, and messages have reminded me how much I have to celebrate.

This has the makings of a very good year. I wish that for all of us.

May we be well, happy, safe, peaceful and at ease ~

7 comments:

mermaid said...

Happy Birthday. It is nice to be reminded how much we are loved, and how much we can extend this love till we infect the whole planet!

May you always be loved, especially by you.

Anonymous said...

Awwww.... Sounds wonderful! Happy Birthday Sharon!

Joanne said...

We like to make up little birthday rhymes in my fam to announce the big day ... Let's see what we can do here, hm ... Fifty-five, And I've arrived!

Raising my coffee cup in a birthday toast ... Cheers :)

Helen said...

Glad your birthday was pleasant!

Wishing you continued blessings and valuable friendships in your 55th year... and beyond.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Happy Birthday - you are so young...

Carolynn Anctil said...

Happy Birthday AND Happy New Year. Yes, let's start the new year today. I could do with a do-over. Already. *grin*

It sounds like you had a fabulous day surrounded by family & friends. Happy 55. I'm told the fun is only beginning.

Laura said...

sweetheart, I missed your birthday, I'm so sorry. Been in my own little world of late. Sending you love and blessings EVERY DAY. I look forward to 55, to the commitment to continued growth and deepening joy, peace and wisdom that you teach my from your example. Happy Birthday Sharon, a few days late:)